Tuesday, November 11, 2008

6 Things about me

Meari tagged me to share 6 things about me.

The rules are as following:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.

Ok ...here we go:

1. I love hiking and we take every opportunity to do so. We take the car and off we go to a nice area, often mountains. All our holiday's are also based on that.

2. My other hobby is cooking. I love to try out new things, and also different styles.

3. I speak 3 languages (English, German and Dutch) and can sort of read French. But can't speak French. I grew up in Germany, lived for 16 years in The Netherlands, and am married to an Australian, who understands German and Dutch, but only speaks English. We are living since 2004 in Australia.

4. I didn't do any gardening for a year, which is pretty bad of me and I'm paying the price for that right now by cleaning up that mess.

5. We took a dog in who would have been doomed to get put down otherwise because she was biting. We took her in temporary but got then adopted by her. Lucy did need to be trained from the very basics. She didn't know how to "read" humans or other dogs, and was one little confused, afraid, agressive bundle. After 6 months, couple of bites, almost giving up on her, she turned into a delight. (Almost) She doesn't bite anymore, she doesn't run away (not even trying it), she listens VERY well. There are still some more things we have to address, but in general we are thankful how everything turned out. We decided to keep her because she is doing that well now that we don't want to risk it.

6. I don't like crowds. Events like concerts, bonfire, etc I avoid. I get very irritated when it's crowded, you get pushed and you can't understand your own word, let alone what others say.

I have tagged:

1. Gio
2. Sadie
3 Carolyn
4. Nancy
5. Kelly here or here (not sure which one you'll prefer Kelly)
6. Rene

7 comments:

Meari said...

Great facts, Gabi... even though you spelled my name wrong ;-)

Gabi said...

Oops. Fixed that.

Carolyn NC said...

Thank you for the tag, Gabi. I'm totally impressed with the speaking multiple languages. You remind me a little of my SIL. She is half-Dutch (not sure how much Dutch she speaks), but also rescued a little dog which they've kept.

Sadie said...

Hi Gabi, my list is up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gabi, so is mine!

Carolyn NC said...

Hey Gabi, my list is up!

Sadie said...

Gabi, you've been tagged again! different this time, check out my blog for more info.